1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: need help w/footers/headers

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by johnnyd96, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johnnyd96

johnnyd96 Thread Starter

OS Windows Vista

In MS Word 2007, How can I change the footers on one page without affecting the footers on the other pages?

2. Aj_old

Aj_old

You can have different headers/Footers for odd/evenpage and for the first page in each section
    This way you need to create a new section for each page you wanna have a different header / Footer (just don't forget to uncheck the option "same as previos")

3. johnnyd96

johnnyd96 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. My concerns has to do with a manual that is already written with footers and headers. I have to make revisions to the manual. When I change the footer to show revision 1 on a certain page, every page changes, reflecting revision 1. How do I change the footer on just one page?

4. letchworth

letchworth

Sounds like you really want "Footnotes" not footers:

A footer is the information on the bottom of each page (usually- although page one is often treated differently). Usually identical information- except page numbering.

A Footnote is a source reference or special note having to do with unique information on an individual page. In both M$Word and OpenOffice.org- footnotes are added by clicking on the menue item "Insert"--- which drops down a sub-menue including one for "Footnote". (You could also, of course use "Endnotes"- you might think of these as footnotes all gathered together at the end of the document or section).

Making room for the addition of footnotes is a "creative" process. Fudging on the text size by small percentages (ie- 9.7 instead of 10 point text) or changing the borders to allow for the extra space (unless the new flow of text does not matter to the person receiving the updated document (taking additional room to add new footnotes can cause the text on the page to flow to the next page).

If I am incorrect in assuming that you are asking about footnotes- please forgive the intrusion, but it sounded like that from your question.
    letchworth

5. Aj_old

Aj_old

I think you can't!
    you can only insert comments or use track changes to show all the changes!

6. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Actually you can by inserting section breaks before and eafter the page that you want to change the footer for. You then go into editing the footer and unselect the "Link to Previous" button for that section you want to change and the next section as well, then you change the footer for the section to be changed. Make sure you to turn off the "Link to Previous" before you make any footer changes.

7. johnnyd96

johnnyd96 Thread Starter

Thanks jimr. with your help I was able to solve my problem.

8. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    Good to hear please mark the thread as solved via the "Mark Solved" button at the top of the post.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/748660

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice