Solved: Need Help w/ xp start-up

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zarf

I installed Yahoo Online Protection and it wanted me to uninstall norton so i did and upon restart everything freezes including cntl/alt/delete the arrow turns into a hour glass once it hits the task bar and nothing works, i've tried safe mode and it will run but i can't get any futher then that, i have also tried to reinstall windows xp sp2 but it will only make it to the i386 files and asks for disk can not open?
can any one get me past this

Can you get to Add/Remove Programs in Safe Mode? . . if so . . remove the Yahoo nonsense . . If not can you run msconfig? . . disable Yahoo and everything Norton to see if you can boot normally.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online