1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: need help with Adobe ExportPDF

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by necklacemaker, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. necklacemaker

necklacemaker Thread Starter

First Name:
    Elizabeth
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 2039 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller, 64 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 76316 MB, Free - 46106 MB;
    Motherboard: First International Computer, Inc., VG33
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Help! I just downloaded the $19.99 version of Adobe ExportPDF (which states Convert existing PDF files into Microsoft Word, Excel, or RTF files for easy editing with this convenient online service from Adobe. - and one of it's features states: Convert PDF files to Word format (DOC, DOCX) ...so i'm going to ask a silly question: in order for me to convert my adobe pdf to microsoft word, am i expected to have microsoft office (i don't)? It just seems kind of redundant to me to have to own ms word in order to convert pdf to ms word. I did try to convert my pdf to ms word, but this didn't work. Previously I had been using the rtf format (ironically, another feature in my download: Convert PDF files to Rich Text format (RTF)) and I have been able to convert something from rtf to pdf, but no luck with ms word. As you can see, I'm not the most extremely adapt pc user, but to fair, Adobe has crappy customer service - there's no way to contact them, really (they don't have a email to get help with, only phone, where they keep you on hold until they close.. seriously (sorry, had to vent). If anyone has any experience with this, please help so i can get my sanity back!:confused:

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    If you do not have MS Word (Office) how do you expect to open the converted files?

Per http://lawyerist.com/adobe-exportpdf-review/ , the out put files are "docx" which are Word 2007, 2010 versions of Word file formats.

And there are other limitations.

I just use my OCR program (OmniPage) and convert the pdf's to a Word documant.

3. C141

C141

If you do not need to edit the converted documents, & viewing them only is all you require, download the MS Word Viewer.

Supported operating systems: Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 2, & Windows 7.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I do not understand why you are converting from PDF to Word and then back to PDF?

5. necklacemaker

First Name:
    Elizabeth
    I know this sounds pretty dumb, but I really thought Microsoft Word came with package I bought...and sorry if I mislead you, but I'm not trying to convert from pdf to word to pdf...the goal was just to go from pdf to word.

6. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Jay
    M$ office can read an image to a doc ... OCR ...
    It's been moved to One Note in the newer versions of Office for some dumb reason.
    Like this

7. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Word files can be opened and edited with several free programs (OpenOffice, Kingsoft Office, Libreoffice, etc.)

8. necklacemaker

First Name:
    Elizabeth
    Thank you md2lgyk for the suggestions! I went with Kingsoft Office, which looks pretty cool considering it's free :)

9. necklacemaker

First Name:
    Elizabeth
    ...And thank you everyone for pointing out (like DaveA did) that you need ms word to open the converted files...with Adobe Export you have 30 days to get a refund, which I plan on doing, since the main goal (pdf - word) is not possible - thanks also for the review!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087756

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice