1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need help with Microsoft Front Page

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by axeslinger39, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. axeslinger39

axeslinger39 Thread Starter

I have had a website ( http://axeslinger.com) for the past 10 years. I recently moved my hosting and regestry to Go daddy( was registered at register.com and hosted at Bravenet.com).Everything had transfered succesful and I have frontpage extensions.They said All I need to do is upload to go daddy with my new username and password.When I open front page and hit publish, this window pops up " An error occured accessing your frontpage web files. authors. If authoring against a web sever, please contact the webmasterfor this servers site. Webmasters, please see the sever's system log for more details. It won't prompt the username and password. Now for some stupid reason I deleted the axeslinger.com folder from my network places. I am thinking this has alot to do with my problem.I was thinking that I would create a new one when I uploaded to the new server. I am stuck at this point and don't know how to fix this.If anyone here has expertise with Front Page, please let me know what to do next..Thanks..Bryan:confused::confused::confused:

2. I_T_Doctor

I_T_Doctor

Hi Bryan;
    I think your problem is not with FrontPage but with your domain registrar, your site is still pointing to your old hosting company. you need to chnage the DNS to GoDaddy's servers. Yours are pointing to Bravenet:
    Domain servers in listed order:
    NS2.BRAVEHOST.COM
    NS1.BRAVEHOST.COM
    Log in to your godaddy account and change the name servers to godaddys servers.

Hope this helped

Dave
    [spam removed by mod]

3. axeslinger39

Hi Dave! I noticed that too and didn't know how to change it.It was after christmas and bravenet was closed.I logged to go daddy like you said.It had not been changed to the new severs.I changed it and it is now pending.I'll let you know if it is up.Thanks very much.. Bryan

4. I_T_Doctor

I_T_Doctor

You are very welcome, hope it solves the problem!

Cheers

Dave

5. axeslinger39

6. I_T_Doctor

I_T_Doctor

You are very welcome, glad I could help!

Dave

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice