Solved: Need hotspot but only rarely

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

limolady

I use an Acer Aspire One laptop w/Windows 7 when I travel for pleasure which is only rarely. I am planning a 1 week trip. I would like to be able to check my email. I do not have an IPhone, just an old Sprint Sanyo cellular. I am not eligible for an upgrade. Need suggestions to solve the email situation. Any input appreciated.

TerryNet

Terry
The Acer has Wi-Fi and ethernet capability, right? In the US there are free wireless hotspots at McDonald's, Panera Bread, Starbucks and some other restaurants, many libraries, and at some Interstate rest stops. Most hotels and motels include wireless and/or ethernet access along with the room. Some hotels have a computer in the lobby for guests to use.

limolady

Thanks very much for the ideas. I was not aware of the public access.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online