1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need MS 4000 Optical Mouse Reset Help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by laurfar, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

I have a Microsoft 4000 optical wireless mouse (small) for my Compaq CQ60-420 laptop. Yesterday I changed the batteries and now the mouse doesn't control the pointer. I have to use my finger on the laptop pad to manipulate the pointer and that is phyically difficult for me. I can't find the instructions on how to reset this mouse after taking out the batteries, so I'm dead in the water. Can someone give me a link or give me step by step instructions.

2. Megabite

Megabite

Resynchronizing the connection may fix this problem. This is done by holding down the small button on the receiver until the light blinks green. Some Microsoft mouse models have a small button on the underside of the mouse that also needs to be pushed to reset the connection. A steady green light on the receiver lets you know the connection is working

Read more: Microsoft Notebook Optical Mouse Problems | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_5427482_microsoft-notebook-optical-mouse-problems.html#ixzz19yytfHV6

Thanks to eHow

3. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

Please tell me what you mean by "receiver" when you say "This is done by holding down the small button on the receiver...." And yes there seems to be a button on the bottom of my mouse, but don't know when or how long to press that and don't know if there is a specific order to do things. I'm lost without my orig instructions. Thanks for your time

4. Irukku

Irukku

The receiver is the device connected to your USB port that receives the mouse's signal. You just have to click both buttons: first on the receiver, and then on the mouse. That should work.

5. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
  6. laurfar

laurfar Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all the help. Mouse is working again thank you. The link to eHow Troubleshooting the wireless optical mouse 4000 was the icing on the cake. That article really made it clear & I printed it for future reference.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972370

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice