1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need network adapter installation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by exhaustedchild, Feb 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. exhaustedchild

exhaustedchild Thread Starter

I reinstalled windows 7 from a restart disk for my mom's computer which is a windows 7 home premium 64 bit with a Amd Sempron(tm) 140 processor 2.70 Ghz processor. When I installed everything it failed to connect to the internet and has been telling me that there are no internet connections available. Trouble shoot says that windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to reinstall the driver. (<-- I copied it) However I can't find it and I actually have to find it on my computer do to no connection on hers. I have been using my flash drive to transfer drivers but have not succeeded in finding the correct one. Please help I have been trying with no success for the past four hours.:confused: It is a dell inspiron 570.

2. FlounderHawk

FlounderHawk

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links in here. but after a quick google search I found a few things you might be interested in.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19457141

*Have you tried using a wireless USB adapter to access the internet and attempt to fix the problem?

*EDIT; Also, when you say you "Copied" it, did you copy the driver installer or the entire program? In my experience, you must run the setup on her computer, so it applies the configuration to her laptop, and does not just copy over the files. Keep me updated.

3. exhaustedchild

When I said copied I actually meant what trouble shooting said which is why I had an arrow pointing to it. ^^ And I actually finally solved it on my own. For those who want to know how I solved it. On another computer using a flash drive down load the network drivers from the company website of where you bought your computer in my case it was dell.com.

1. Go to support

2. Support by type

3. Locate your service tag either on the top or bottom of your device

4. Type in your service tag

5. Go to drivers and downloads

6. Locate Network

7. Download click download but do not open file

8. Transfer files to flash drive and then plug it into computer

9. Move files from flash drive to computer and then follow prompts

10. Locate now unzipped files under brand name again in my case it was dell and find drivers

11. Click on correct driver folder scroll until you find setup

12. click set up and follow prompts to set it up

4. FlounderHawk

FlounderHawk

Awesome, Glad you figured it out.

5. exhaustedchild

It took me five hours when it would of taken me 10 minutes just to go straight to the manufacturer website.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143803

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice