1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: need new mother board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kryptonite1055, May 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kryptonite1055

kryptonite1055 Thread Starter

well it looks like my nforce 4 chip broke somehow, and now i need a new mother board. It needs to be a 939 socket, and i do prefer the nforce 4 chip set, but if you know of a better one please let me know.

Thanks

2. Sponsor

3. bigbear

bigbear

How did the chipset break?
    Has the chipset fan stopped working, replacements are available.
    If possible I would try and fine the exact replacement, otherwise you are going to have to do a clean install of your OS and applications

4. Mr.Magee

Mr.Magee

5. kryptonite1055

well for some reason the USB ports stopped working, but the comp would know there was something there (error kept saying "usb device not recognized") I did everything people told me to do an the last idea everyone had was reinstall windows. did that still the USB ports didn't work, so I came home from college with my comp in the car, I guess the ride was too rough for the comp and it didn't turn on once i set it up here. I also noticed the fan got REALLY noisy once i got home too but the fan was still running and keeping it cool. I was going to get a new fan but that is stupid now.

Since i just did a clean install of windows it won't matter for me if i install it again for a new MB. anyways i backed up all of my stuff on my second hdd.

It looks like you both have asus MB, I am guessing they are pretty good then. I have been looking at the A8N32, but it is just a little too much right now. If it was $10 cheaper, I would be all over it. the foxconn looks good, but I am thinking heat sink only for the chip set so its a little more quiet. The fan that was on my last MB was running 8000+ rpm, and was really loud.

6. kryptonite1055

7. bigbear

bigbear

8. kryptonite1055

my PSU is a 20 pin, I am seeing all of these MB are 24... my old MB was fine with 20 even though it was a 24. Are all of these the same way?

9. kryptonite1055

10. bigbear

bigbear

Most new mobo's are 24 pin now, there are 20 pin to 24 pin adapters available

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/572610