1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need Simple Player For PC

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by patmac, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. patmac

patmac Thread Starter

Hi, I'm looking for suggestions for a simple, low resource music player, only a player, for PCs. I have a good media burning app and want just something that plays music CDs on the PC. Or, is there something resident on Xp Home? Thanks for your time.
    patmac

2. stantley

stantley

Yup, Windows Media Player. If you have version 10, stick with it, a lot of people are having problems with version 11.

3. patmac

patmac Thread Starter

Hi, WMP has always seemed to try to do more for us than we really wanted it to. For some reason, some of the config settings, i.e. paths for saving etc, would reset after any boot, so we switched to Nero. We still have WMP10, was just looking for something quick and easy to click on and run. Thanks again for your time.
    patmac

4. stantley

stantley

OK, if you want something that's simple and doesn't use many resources, try XMPlay (freeware).

If you want something a little bit fancier try Quintessential Media Player, also freeware (plus it looks really cool).

5. john1

john1

Mini-MP3

i use this a lot.
    Minimum resources.
    Minimum hard drive space.

I think this player uses less resources than playing an audio CD.
    I don't think its available any more from the original site.
    Offered here as a zip file, 46Kb.
    Unzips to about 120Kb.

John :)

Attached Files:

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    If you want true minimal use of the computer's resources (like none), see if your CD drive has front panel play buttons and an analog audio output connector on the back. You also need a sound controller (on a separate card or on the mother board) that has a matching input connector inside the PC. No software needs to be running to play a music CD. You may need to go into the sound controller's advance audio/volume settings to enable the CD audio analog inputs.

7. patmac

patmac Thread Starter

Thanks.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice