1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: need suggestion for external speakers for laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iagoman, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iagoman

iagoman Thread Starter

First Name:
    Steve
    I have a Toshiba (Win/7) laptop, model L505 that has very poor sound quality. I have checked the sound card driver updates and they are up-to-date. I want to get a pair of small speakers that are externally powered, rather than ones that are powered by the laptop's battery. I have searched the net and also the TSG site but haven't found a suggestion that answers my search.
    If you have a suggestion for speakers, reasonably priced, externally powered, I would be happy and my wife, more so, since
    it's her laptop that has the tinny sound.
    I also have a Toshiba laptop (Satellite Pro about 4 years old, L300) and I have great sound. Go figure.

2. valis

valis Moderator

you can go to just about any store that carries electronics (wal-mart, best buy) and get a fairly decent set of externally powered speakers for 10 bucks or so. The ones on my desk currently came from office max, and I think I paid 8 bucks for them. They fit the bill, as they play my music, and loudly if I so desire.

3. iagoman

iagoman Thread Starter

First Name:
    Steve
    tks Valis...will do that today, if I can get through the snow.
    :)

4. valis

valis Moderator

let us know how it works out. :)

5. iagoman

iagoman Thread Starter

First Name:
    Steve
    Went to Walmart's found a pair for 12.00, they work AOK.
    Tks for the help.

6. valis

valis Moderator

de nada........glad it worked. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976864

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice