1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need thumbnail images on video icons

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by 1721pst, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 1721pst

1721pst Thread Starter

Hi. I have a lot of You Tube video downloads I search through, but my current player is not furnishing an image on the thumbnail icon. Actually, SOME .mp4 files show film image snapshots, but other .mp4 do not with my current VLC player. And NONE of my .flv downloads will show an image.

It seems to be hard to determine whether certain players will produce images or not....at least with my limited computer knowledge.

Can you advise me of a relatively safe player that will do what I'm seeking?

Thank you!
    Oregon high desert

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, AMD64 Family 15 Model 67 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4094 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 381451 MB, Free - 327401 MB; X: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 137964 MB; Z: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 458582 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., NODUSM3
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Where are you wishing to see the images? If you are referring to Windows Explorer or File Manager, those icons are not based on the media player. They are based, in part, by WMP support.

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
  4. valis

valis Moderator

as YT does NOT allow downloading of any videos from their site, I am closing this one up.

thanks,

v

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1108713

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice