Solved: Need to change my default email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
I need to change my default email,I have tried going into Tools/Internet Options/Programs but am only given two choices in there Outlook Express and Hotmail,neither of which I want,what is the best way to do this ?

My Operating system is Windows XP Home..

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi telecom69

What e-mail program do you want to be the default?

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Hi there,Thanks for replying and the answer is....

Yahoo.co.uk

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Yahoo? Is there an e-mail program for that?
Or is it the web based Yahoo?
If it is the web based Yahoo, do you have a paid Yahoo account?
If so, you should be able to set it up in Outlook Express.

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Well there is an email program for it as I have been using it for the last 6 years,but I do believe it is whats known as web based,and no,I dont have a paid Yahoo account,(for your information,there is also a Yahoo.com email available if required) ....Not too sure I want to go into Outlook Express,never got on too well with that one,I am at present looking through Yahoo help pages to see if there is anything in there ... I will keep you informed ...

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
Yes (y) :) thats it exactly,just what I was looking for cant thank you enough for your help ...there wasnt exactly any download I just pressed continue and the following appeared instantaneously .....

Congratulations! Yahoo! Mail is now your default email application.
The driver has been successfully downloaded.
Now when you:
click any email address, a Yahoo! Mail window will open with the "To:" field automatically filled in.
use Microsoft Office to send attachments (in the File menu, select "Send to" and choose "Mail Recipient (as Attachment)") Yahoo! Mail will open with its Add Attachments window open and will tell you where to locate your file for easy browsing

This Is why I settled for the Yahoo email in the first place because its so fast,in the past I have used it as an instant messenger :D its that quick,plus it has a photomail attachment that lets you send photos by email so easily......once again thank you for your help :)

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
You would be impressed I promise you, take care and have a good day/night whatever part of the world you are in ....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online