1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need to Disable Windows Wireless Network Configuration Utility

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by n1ml, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. n1ml

n1ml Thread Starter

I'm trying to install a Netgear wireless card in my new computer , XP Pro, and I get a pop uthat says I need to disable the windows xp wireless network configuration utility. I click on trying to close the pop up and the computer keepd rebooting. I think there is a conflict with the new Netgear software wireless and the Windows XP software. How do I disable the Windows XP Wireless Network Configuration Utility?
    Thanks

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Run services.msc and look for it in the Services list. Double click to access its properties ("Wireless Zero Configuration") and set the startup mode to disabled and reboot.

3. n1ml

n1ml Thread Starter

Thankyou very much. All set.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/670960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice