1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need to find a Motherboard for Intel Quad Q6600 Kentsfield

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AdamMcD09, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AdamMcD09

AdamMcD09 Thread Starter

Hello!

I'm looking to build a computer (have been for a while) Ive finally got around to buying some parts.

So far I have the case (Raidmax Sagitta 2) Proccessor (Intel Quad core Q6600) and thats all.

So I'm looking to buy RAM - 4gb, Graphics - nvidia 9800GT 1gb GDDR3, WiFi card - EdiMax EW-77281n, Sound Card - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

These can be found on Amazon UK

I need to buy a MoBo which will support that and work on Win 7 preferably (Happy with Vista)

Any other questions please ask.

Thanks in advance

2. frankjohn

frankjohn

Might look at the Asus striker ll extreme motherboard

3. BG-0

BG-0

4. AdamMcD09

AdamMcD09 Thread Starter

Thanks both of you. Ive looked at both the top one looks good but its more expensive than I was hoping.

One questiong about the Gigabyte board. It says on Gigabytes site and Amazon that it only support XP or Vista. Are you sure it will work for 7?

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Amazon is just reseller site, for the specs go to the manufacturer's site: http://www.giga-byte.com/
    They seem to be doing maintenance on their sites right now, but there it does list XP, Vista, and Windows 7 support. You should be able to get all the Windows 7 drivers from their site, or from the Intel and Realtek sites for the actual components.

6. AdamMcD09

AdamMcD09 Thread Starter

Ah I didnt notice the massive Windows 7 sticker on the front page. I went straight to specifications and it just said XP/Vista.

7. BG-0

BG-0

8. AdamMcD09

AdamMcD09 Thread Starter

9. BG-0

BG-0

"Please choose your OS"-dropbox, win7 64-bit. Yes. If you're going 64-bit, make sure you have at least 4 GB of decently fast RAM.

10. AdamMcD09

AdamMcD09 Thread Starter

Excellent. Thanks

One last question (I hope) is the 9800 nvidia any good? I'm wanting to be able to play games but i'm not like a pro gamer so they dont need to be super detailed. Right now the games ive got are Halo 2 (ive read this works on win 7) Flight Sim X

11. BG-0

BG-0

It's relatively good. There isn't anything better in its price range (~£70) on Amazon UK. For those games it is 'too good', but I'd guess you will get some newer games too if you're putting this together for gaming.

12. AdamMcD09

AdamMcD09 Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. If theres anything else ill post it :)

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919649

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice