Solved: Need to find a Motherboard for Intel Quad Q6600 Kentsfield

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AdamMcD09

Hello!

I'm looking to build a computer (have been for a while) Ive finally got around to buying some parts.

So far I have the case (Raidmax Sagitta 2) Proccessor (Intel Quad core Q6600) and thats all.

So I'm looking to buy RAM - 4gb, Graphics - nvidia 9800GT 1gb GDDR3, WiFi card - EdiMax EW-77281n, Sound Card - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

These can be found on Amazon UK

I need to buy a MoBo which will support that and work on Win 7 preferably (Happy with Vista)

Any other questions please ask.

Thanks in advance

AdamMcD09

Thanks both of you. Ive looked at both the top one looks good but its more expensive than I was hoping.

One questiong about the Gigabyte board. It says on Gigabytes site and Amazon that it only support XP or Vista. Are you sure it will work for 7?

Triple6

First Name
Rob
Amazon is just reseller site, for the specs go to the manufacturer's site: http://www.giga-byte.com/
They seem to be doing maintenance on their sites right now, but there it does list XP, Vista, and Windows 7 support. You should be able to get all the Windows 7 drivers from their site, or from the Intel and Realtek sites for the actual components.

AdamMcD09

Ah I didnt notice the massive Windows 7 sticker on the front page. I went straight to specifications and it just said XP/Vista.

Different question. Do you get Win 7 64bit? My uncle who builds computers says the proccessor is designed for 64bit.
"Please choose your OS"-dropbox, win7 64-bit. Yes. If you're going 64-bit, make sure you have at least 4 GB of decently fast RAM.

AdamMcD09

Excellent. Thanks

One last question (I hope) is the 9800 nvidia any good? I'm wanting to be able to play games but i'm not like a pro gamer so they dont need to be super detailed. Right now the games ive got are Halo 2 (ive read this works on win 7) Flight Sim X

It's relatively good. There isn't anything better in its price range (~£70) on Amazon UK. For those games it is 'too good', but I'd guess you will get some newer games too if you're putting this together for gaming.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online