1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need To Flash BIOS - How?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by uncbba06, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uncbba06

uncbba06 Thread Starter

I've done this before with a program someone on here alerted me to. I just upgraded to Win 7 when my previos hard drive died and I lost everything. I was told that I would need to flash the BIOS so that my computer would recognize my CPU and graphics card so that I can get the most out of both.

I can't remember how to do this. I have a Biostar A740G M2+ for AMD.

2. Hughv

Hughv

Whoever told you that misled you badly. BIOS flashes are to correct specific problems, so if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.
    BIOS flashing is often specific to the motherboard maker, so look on the Biostar site for this info.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975895

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice