1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: need to get hotmail account back

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dogluver, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Today, I went to a site to help someone (elderly) get information regarding doctor care. After I put in all their information, I then went to my hotmail sign in, and the other parties name came up, and I was blocked from from my account. I realized my hotmail account was now changed to his address. Each time I try to sign in, it states we want to verify you are such and such, his name not mine. How in the world do I get my hotmail account back under my address. I am so very overwhelmed by this. I went to tech support at hotmail, and they want to charge me, and could care less about my dilemma. I am a senior citizen, and do not have the funds to correct my mistake. Is this the way it is for our elderly in situations like this? Please, I need your help. I was trying to do a good deed for someone and now I have terrible trouble. I am very limited on computer tech. stuff.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Do you mean that the name is in the username portion of the login, or on the top right of the screen? If the latter you should be able to log out of the account.

3. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Please forgive me, I am not computer literate. I will explain what I did. I put hotmail in the address bar, click on and it states, we want to make sure you are who you say you are. The gentleman's email comes up and it states they are sending an email to his account for verification. Let me explain further. I went to a lab account for him today to try to access his blood information. He is an elderly man, and I wanted to help him. I filled in all the questions the lab asked. I did this from my ipad if that means anything. When the lab questionnaire asked for the email address, I put in his email address, clicked out and I thought I was good to go. When I got home I put hotmail in the address bar to check my email, and his name and email address came up when I tried to sign into my account. I sure hope I am explaining this so that it could be understood I really cannot understand how I changed everything. Please, any help you can offer would be so appreciated. .

4. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

I need to offer more clarity regarding my hotmail account, which is with Outlook. Interestingly, I just used my daughters laptop and was able to access my hotmail. But, when I try to do so on the ipad, the other party's email and name comes up. Maybe I am not explaining this very well, but, I do not have any ideas what I did wrong. I used the ipad to sign him up at the lab to help him assess his blood information. Can anyone figure out what the heck is going on. Please understand, I am a senior citizen, and very limited in my computer skills and jargon. It fascinates and amazing me what the young ones, know, understand, and can do on a computer. So any of you techies that could lend me some of your computer help, I would greatly appreciate. Thank you in advance.

5. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Go to the iPad. Open Hotmail.com. Log off Hotmail. Then log in with your own account.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Essentially with the iPad it remembers the last login that was opened if it was not signed out correctly. If TonyB25's way does not work, then we can clear it out, but at the cost of losing any active logins (ie if you sign into amazon.com automatically)... the only you would need to do it log back into the sites.

7. dogluver

dogluver Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all your help. Funny thing is, when I turned the Ipad off and back on, all my e-mails were there!!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1113508

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice