Solved: need to know how to reduce screen size

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aussie John

i recently upgraded to win2000 from 98. when i try to reduce the display settings to make everything fit on the screen the screen becomes garbled. can somebody help me resolve this.
my monitor is 15inch, 192mg ram, stealth 3d 2000 card [dont know if it is working], not sure about processor.

First thing I would do is update the video display driver and reset the screen resolution.

Aussie John

if you are talking about the drivers for the stealth 3d 2000, i have tried every way i can think of to do that. i have down loaded what i believe are the correct drivers from three different sites. i when itry to install them i am always told the correct drivers can not be found. the last set of drivers i tried were from here http://www.driverscollection.com/?file_id=13540. i have also ensured the card is properly fitted.

valis

start > run > sysdm.cpl > hardware tab > device manager, are there any yellow or red marks indicating that an element is not functioning? That will tell you if the device is functioning correctly and/or if the drivers are correctly installed.

You may also want to check to make sure that you have all the updated motherboard drivers as those are usually blown out after a new install, as well as all the sound drivers, ethernet, etc.

v

Aussie John

the multimedia video controller has had the yellow ? and ! since the upgrade which is why i have been trying to load the drivers. its driving me nuts.

valis

what type of card does dxdiag state that you have? start > run > dxdiag > display tab

Aussie John

the details are below.

Name: S3 ViRGE, Chip type: S3ViRGE, DAC Type: S3 SDAC, Memory 2MB Display Mode: 640x480 (24 bit) (60Hz)

What does it list for the Display Adapter under Display Properties-Settings-Advanced-Adapter?

Aussie John

I thought about that, but when i uninstalled the drivers earlier the color looked like it was running at 16 colors and when i reinstalled the drivers it was back to true color (24bit).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online