Solved: Need to recover Compaq but there's a problem with E drive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Misswonnaknow

I need to recover my Compaq presario SR5501P back to factory settings however my E drive is not reading any dis,thought the problem was that the CD DVD part went bad so I replaced it with an HP dvd 1270i but the new one is doing the same thing the old one did, is there a way to restore to factory setting without E drive ? need some help

antech

Banned
No,there is no way to do that.
The problem lies with the Wiring or the New DVD Drive you have attached

antech

Banned
Please reveal what the heck did you install?
If the problem is solved,
then please mark it as solved using the thead tools and please,please,please do tell us which driver or app you installed!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I need to recover my Compaq presario SR5501P back to factory settings however my E drive is not reading any dis,thought the problem was that the CD DVD part went bad so I replaced it with an HP dvd 1270i but the new one is doing the same thing the old one did, is there a way to restore to factory setting without E drive ? need some help
Here is the HP/Compaq support and software site for the Compaq Presario SR5501P desktop.

I suggest that you save this site in your browser favorites/bookmarks list so you can refer to it when needed.

Here are instructions and images for doing a system recovery.

----------------------------------------------------------------

antech

Banned
If the problem is solved then please mark it as solved using the thread tools.
Cheers

Misswonnaknow

antech it truns out the problem was a missing driver I clicked the start button on my PC went into computer and at the top of the E drive a sign showed that a problem existed so I clicked on it( the problem) turns outthe problem was a missing driver the prompt aske me it I wanted to search for one on the net I clicked yes... searched and found one I downloaded it and my E drive (DVD RW) worked...I was then able to use my recovery dis.

Misswonnaknow

Thanks to all of u so very much for all your help...Now you know why I chose the name Misswonnaknow don't know a thing about PC's ... turns out my PC was missing a driver I found this out by clicking the start button on my PC went into computer just above the E drive a sign showed that a problem existed so I clicked on prompt which then showed me a driver was missing ask me if I wanted to search for one on the net I clicked yes searched and found one I downloaded it and my E drive (DVD RW)worked and I was able to use my recovery dis thanks so much for your willingness to help.

antech

Banned
Windows just found the New Hardware Very Lately....
You should run the Add New Hardware Wizard after installing any new hardware.

Misswonnaknow

I will have to give you the long story...u know the part about me needing to recover my pc that I posted? after I posted the question I went back on my pc clicked the start button, went into computer double checking to see if I missed anything that could cause the problem... and I noticed at the top of were it says E drive it showed that there was a problem, so I clicked on that it stated that a driver was missing, the prompt asked me if I wanted to search online for a driver I clicked yes... searched found one I downloaded it and my E drive (DVD RW) worked...I was then able to use my recovery dis

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online