Solved: Need to save my drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HOBOcs

Jim
I'm about to format a drive and install Win98 over WinME and want to save all the hardware drivers.
I'm looking for an easy way, shareware tool that can help.

Why am I going to win98 you ask.. because it is more stable then WinMe and I have the disks.
(I will upgrade to XP later but I'm an old believer in the Win98 still being the best)

It's an IBM NetVista

Nothing special just an CD Rwriter and USB other PCI cards I can get via Driver guide etc.
It's the onboard equiipment I really need to cover.
Wiping out all the IBM stuff is ok with me.

Any direction appreciated.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The hardware drivers that you really want to save and have available before doing a hard drive format and fresh install of Windows 98SE are:

Display drivers

Network card/modem drivers

You can go on-line afterwards and download all the other drivers that you need.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
I never used ME, but I would assume the ME drivers would also work for 98 but I cannot say for sure. You may still need to search and destroy for the proper drivers for your system.

HOBOcs

Jim
Thanks Guys,
I'm a regular at the Driver Guide website and have downloaded tons of drivers for other pc's. Thanks awergh - that's where I remembered hearing about the driver guide tool.

Other: IBM has a habit of storiing their drivers under a directory called IBMTools / Drivers. Quite convenient as it turned out.

Your are right - Flavallee - all I really need is the network card driver and then I can get to the internet and get what ever I need. I'ts just a pain sometimes when you have to open the case and start hunting for product numbers, mother board numbers just to down load the onboard drivers.

Thanks all - got what I needed.

Marking thrad resolved.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online