1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Need Virus help with Windows 7 OS

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by fosma23, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fosma23

fosma23 Thread Starter

My computer just recently started working very slow and taking several minutes to load pages and in the last 18 hours has only run 57% of my computer scan with eset nod32. I'm assuming its a virus from downloaded programs. Please help.. :mad:

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

3. terryns

terryns

Try Microsoft Security Essentials. It's free, small footprint and very good in catching viruses and malwares.

4. fosma23

fosma23 Thread Starter

working the Kaspersky Disc now and getting ready to boot it from CD-ROM.. After the scan that took 20 hours to complete it found no viruses. I will update this thread again here shortly.. Thank you for the help..

5. fosma23

fosma23 Thread Starter

Thank you for the Kapersky CD AV search. I ran everything and should be good to go and speeds are back to normal. THank you for the assistance and direction!! (y):)

6. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

Did it find any malware?

7. fosma23

fosma23 Thread Starter

I didn't see anyhting that was stating it or showing it found any malware. After running the CD it seemed to have stopped and I rebooted with everything running correct and up to speed like it was before. I did another scan with the eset nod32 and everthing seems good to go..

8. antech

antech Banned

Weird solution...
    Sorry for jumping in .

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice