[SOLVED] Need WinXP SP1 Please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RedCrow

Hi Guys, I'm installing winXP Pro. on my new SK8V rig, and I'm told I'm going to need Win XP SP1 to install the OS. Can anyone kindly point me to a link where I can donload this patch?

I went to Microft's site but they're more interested in pushing the new version "SP2", and the only link to SP1 was to the CD ordering page. Only prblem is the CD is said to be expected in Two to Four Weeks or something like that, and I need this now.

I'm not exactly interested in SP2 at the mement please, 'cause seems a lot of folks are having problem with that.

Thanx

Here is the link to SP-1a . . I don't think M/S is offereing SP-1 any more.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...79-fa3a-48bf-ade5-023443e29d78&displaylang=en

A fresh install is a good time to go with SP-2 . . most of the issues you are reading / hearing about are systems with pre-existing problems . . and with a fresh install you can avoid that. If you decide to go with SP-2, you do not need to apply SP-1 first.

If you are trying to install on a disc over 127 Gig, you will have to either create a partition smaller that that for the operating system, or slipstream SP-1 or 2 prior to installation.

Have fun . . wrs

RedCrow

Thanx simpswr. This is a brand new system I'm putting together, and I think your explantions for why folks are having probs with sp2 makes sense. I think I'll go ahead with SP-2.

Anyway, I'm installing it on two SATA drives, 120 Gig, 200 Gig, Primary & Secondary respectively. The OS is going onto the 120 Gig, and since it's not up to 127Gig as you stated, think I can get by without a glitch.

By the way, What's "Slipstreaming"

Thanx

RedCrow

You're unbelievable, Thank you very much. Think that will be a hell lot better.

Again thanx

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online