1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Needed macro code

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by prempkn, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. prempkn

prempkn Thread Starter

Hi,

i need a macro coding for the (Po details and Config sheet) in the attached file, the macro has to ignore zeros in both PO details sheet and config sheet) and rest of the things should convert into notepad(text delimited) formet and it has to be saved in my desk top as details(in notepad) and config(notepad) separately by just run the macro. please help with coding

i also attached a note pad i need a final output like that. please help me to get code for this case.

Thanks,
    Prem Kumar.

Attached Files:

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    Hi Prem,
    I'll take a look,

I assume I have to use the values in the two columns PO REF and ITEM REF
    These two columns appear in both PO Details and Config.

Do I have to consider the possiblity that only one of the cells is ZERO or will they always be ZERO if one or the other is zero?

Another thing, the example output (Notepad) you posted is tab delimitted, is that what you need too?

3. prempkn

prempkn Thread Starter

Dear Keebellah,

Well, zeros will only appear in PO REF(A) cells and ITEM REF(B) cells in both Po details and Config,
    if po ref and item ref is zero we should ignore the entire row where ever the zero appear, we can not predict which line would be zeros, rest of the values items should convert as notepad. just a notepad.

while doing this macro please use SkipBlanks _ as you see in the notepad macro which i created in that excel file.

Thanks
    Prem Kumar.

4. prempkn

prempkn Thread Starter

Dear Keebellah,

do my explanation not clear to you? please assist me on codes please

thanks

5. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    No, explanation was Okay, just haven't found the time to finish it.

6. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    HI,
    I've attached your file including the editted module. The macro is now called CreateOutputFiles and will create the two txt files.
    Ther is one thing you need to do and I did not include a check to see if it's correct

The sheets you want Po Details and Config, you need to rename Config to Po Config so the macro works.

I have attached the two creted results too and think this does the job

Please let me know if it works, DON'T FORGET TO RENAME THE ORIGINAL Config to Po Config first in your own workbooks the attached sample is already corrected.

Attached Files:

7. Keebellah

First Name:
    Hans
    Don't forget to press the Mark Solved button :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!