1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: needs some help with the icons

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 34m0922, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 34m0922

34m0922 Account Closed Thread Starter

everytime if i open the Google Chrome, the icons keeps blanking, any ideas? i think the Google Chrome has some bugs on version 39.0.2171.99

Here is my uploaded YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ6vhTget9c

The startup page is google.com

2. PcPhoenix

PcPhoenix

Google Chrome does a lot of really strange things to your system, so I'm not surprised that running it causes your icons to blink. However, is this really a problem? It doesn't seem to be causing any real negative effects to your computer.

Try running chrome this way. Press the Windows Key + R , a run dialog should pop up. Type "chrome" and press enter. Do your icons still flash?

Try "chrome --disable-gpu". Icons still flash?

This is most likely just chrome running as intended.

3. 34m0922

can you try on your computer if it's does samething as my computer before i fix the problem?

4. PcPhoenix

PcPhoenix

It may behave differently on different computers, it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Chrome is pretty complex software and how it behaves depends largely on the configuration of your computer.

"chrome --disable-gpu" is temporary, it doesn't actually make any changes to your computer. I was just curious to see if it would actually make any difference. :p

I just downloaded and ran chrome on Windows 7 in my virtual machine, and the icons do not flash. But i have seen the icons flash when other applications are ran. It's not an issue.

5. 34m0922

i tried and it's still flashing

6. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

7. 34m0922

i have downloaded and ran it, it doesn't work either

8. Phantom010

9. 34m0922

i have increased the icon cache size but it's still blinking

10. Phantom010

Well, Chrome is a resource-hungry browser. Combined to too many processes running in the background, that can amount to high memory usage. Make sure you don't have too many programs running in the background for nothing. Try disabling as many as you can from the startup directory.

11. 34m0922

i don't have other programs running in the background, i think google chrome creates high memory usage, i will buy memory to upgrade it. thanks for help

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!