1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

(Solved) Nero 5

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by babyJay, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. babyJay

babyJay Thread Starter

Ok so I just went out and bought this and it burnt the first CD and now it won't burn all the way through anymore... I get different errors at different times.. the latest error is "focus and tracking error"

I have a HP, Windows Me,Processor:Intel Celeron processor Genuine Intel 700 mhz, Total Memory 190.45, Hard Drive 14.2 GB

Burner:philips 40x12x48

I have went to the Nero website but I don't understand most of it.... So if anyone out there can help me it is sooooooo APPRECIATED!!!

2. RSM123

RSM123

Just had a look for this on http://www.google.com

The general opinion seems to be it is some sort of hardware / driver problem. Have a look at the manufacturers website and see if there is any updates for the burners 'firmware'.

If there is not then ask their tech support.

3. babyJay

babyJay Thread Starter

Thank you so much... I should have thought of that but I was so frustrated... Thanks again :)

4. RiViT

RiViT

I get those errors with my burner ...my burner is old though. I have had it since I've had the PC. Mine only burns at 8x, I eventually will get a new burner since I am a bit too lazy to open my PC up and look at the side of the burner...

5. babyJay

babyJay Thread Starter

Just wanted to let you all know that I found the problem... I emailed Phillips and guess what it was... The freakin CD'S lol I was buying 40x multi speed and I had just caught a good sale on the 16x... so I tried one of those and WHALAAAAAA I've been burning away since... just thought i'd let ya'll know maybe this would help someone else :)

Thanks again for your help :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!