Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Nero 7 OEM and MPEG-4 Decoding

12K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Glugglughic 
#1 ·
Hello folks,

When I purchased a new DVD writer, it came with the Nero Essentials software which I wanted to use. However, when I went to burn some videos (yes legal) it came up with the error that I needed to upgrade - which actually sucks since my simple purchase now would get a lot more expensive. Are there any other options such as recoding the videos, freeware decoder that integrates with Nero 7, etc?

#3 ·
Yes, have a video file that seems to be encoded as MPEG-4 and when I try to use the Nero 7 that came with my writer, I get an error that says I need to upgrade my Nero (just bought the writer two days ago). So this would mean I need to pay another $60 just to get a simple decoder.

#5 ·
Or you need to convert the file to something that Nero Essentials can handle if you indeed want to use that program. Super (free) or some other low cost converter could probably be employed for that purpose.

If you're trying to make DVDs though, I'd see if DVDFlick would accept them as is and make the DVD with that program if it did.

#7 ·
I highly recommend Any Video Converter free. It will convert between most common formats and it does it quickly. It also supports multi CPUs for even faster conversions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.