Solved: Nero 9 giving error message: "unable to create XML parser instance"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bj nick

I've researched this but it's confusing....I get that message and then "please reinstall Microsoft XML core services 4.0 v.2 or higher"

Can someone tell me EXACTLY the process for installing that stuff? I downloaded the stuff I was told to, but it's a lot of different files, not sure where to put them, or how to install them, etc.

It would be appreciated- thanks!

You need not worry about "where to put them" as any installation routine will automatically put the files in the right place.
You were directed to the wrong place so delete what you downloaded from there.

Now you just need to know where to get what your PC says it needs:

For Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 SP3 go here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15697

Just click the download button to the right of msxml.msi (the first of the three download options).
You'll end up with just one file to deal with.
Double click that file to install.

That should fix the nero error, hopefully.

bj nick

Ok, that worked....I think I was confused by the directions and hit "save" instead of "run"....or something.....

Anyway, SUCCESS- so thank you! Nero works perfectly now.

After a lot of mucking around and false starts from other forums and Nero and MS support I finally came across this page and installing SP3 works like a dream. So simple, Thank you!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online