1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Nero Express and Start Smart

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by chuck-HD, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chuck-HD

chuck-HD Thread Starter

Hi, I want to use a certain part of Nero and it says some files are missing, reinstall the CD. When I try to install the CD it installs to a place that won't accept it. It says That there are files already there and installing nero will erase the files. Every place I choose to install it says the same thing. How can I install the missing files without losing files I already have. It doesn't tell me which files will be deleted.
    Confused,
    chuck-HD

2. bonk

bonk Banned

I would uninstall Nero from Add/Remove programs then restart....then install Nero and checking and applying all Nero updates from their site.

3. stantley

stantley

4. chuck-HD

chuck-HD Thread Starter

5. chuck-HD

chuck-HD Thread Starter

I went to the website and it will work but I don't have my serial number. I went to the registry to find it as it says on the page but I have everything but the word infoat the end
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Ahead \ Nero-Burning Rom \ Info” Without the word info, I can't retrieve my serial number.
    chuck.

6. stantley

stantley

I found my serial number in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero-Burning Rom\Info

The same number is also in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Nero Fast CD-Burning Plug-in and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\NeroVision\Info

so you might try looking there.

If you have the original install disk or if you registered your copy with Nero you could find it there.

7. chuck-HD

chuck-HD Thread Starter

Hi, I'll check these places and see if I can find them.
    Thanks,
    chuck.

8. chuck-HD

chuck-HD Thread Starter

Hi, I have some good news, and some good news. 1. I took a chance and installed from the disc. It only deleted the files that were going to be installed again. # 2.
    The reinstall was successful and everything is operational. You guys gave me the courage to venture ahead. Thanks
    chuck

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/550647