1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Netbook & W7 Starter

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by enigma1944, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. enigma1944

enigma1944 Thread Starter

I am looking at a new netbook and most have the W7 Starter OS. I have not read much about this " Starter " so basically what can be processed with this OS.

My thoughts about this is you could basically do browsing, email and things of this nature and nothing more.

Thanks

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windows7/archive/2009/05/29/let-s-talk-about-windows-7-starter.aspx

Its an entry level Operating System, but you can install and run most programs you need.

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    This will give you two strikes toward a working system. They are IMO the last type of machine I would spend any money on.

Remember that a NetBook does not come with a CD/DVD readr/burner.

4. aka Brett

aka Brett Banned

For a little more money you can get much "better" edition..dual cores,more ram,faster graphics,bigger screen,bigger battery.better driver support etc.etc.... I would get a laptop.

5. enigma1944

enigma1944 Thread Starter

OK thanks for the answers

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!