1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Netbook XP repair, files are there but I can't find them

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nocluee, May 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nocluee

nocluee Thread Starter

I have an:
    Acer Aspire One netbook D150-1Bb
    1gb ram
    160gb hardrive

I somehow received malware and viruses whilst trying to find a program that could recover a file I accidently deleted (another story..). I downloaded this program and it gave me the problems.

I then scanned with malwarebytes and spybot, and the problems found were supposedly removed. Being the fool that I am I thought I'd do more to remove the issues, and I system restored to 2 months earlier. After that, when I tried to reboot my netbook, it would load the XP opening screen and then give me options to start my netbook normally, or safemode (the usual screen when you turn off your pc manually when it freezes or something has gone wrong). I then tried both normally, and safemode, and both wouldn't work. It would load then a blue screen with white block capital text would flash on for 1 second and everything would start again (like a loop).

My dad then used the acer erecovery (I think) built within my netbook and reinstalled my xp but keeping the files. Everything from then on ran smoothly until I logged in and could not find my files. The memory of my netbook is being used by my files, but I can't find them at all.

If you could help with this I would be very grateful, as I have family/friends photo's and videos that I recently transfered t my netbook and did not backup. [​IMG]

2. nocluee

nocluee Thread Starter

anyone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920560

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice