Solved Solved: Netgear WG511T Wireless PC Card Adapter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

znord737

Appreciate assistance on a problem I currentle am experiencing
PC is a Lap Top Packard Bell Igo 6204
Operating System is Win XP Home Version 2.2
PC was recently clean installed
All Windows Updates downloaded from Microsoft Site
Wireless Access is via a PCMIA PC Card
Latest Software 5.5 and Hardware downloaded from "Netgear" and installed as per user Manual directions
Immediately I insert the PCMIA Card the PC completely locks up and the only way to revert to a working PC again is to remove the PCMIA Card . Switch off the PC and Switch on again.
The PCMIA Card was working OK 5 days ago in the same PC .
Dont have another PC to try the PCMIA card in to see if it is faulty.
Anyone got any suggestions as to what may be wrong ?
Thanks
znord737

etaf

Wayne
The PCMIA Card was working OK 5 days ago in the same PC .
was that before are after the
PC was recently clean installed
any ? or ! in device manager -
from the menu also do
view
show hidden devices

znord737

Gentlemen thank you for your inputs much appreciatd
1.PC was running ok with PCMIA wi fi adapter WG511T before the clean install was undertaken

2.Will check today on show hidden devices and respond accordingly

3.Yes Service Pack 3 is installed

znord737

TerryNet

Terry
Install the latest chipset--and PCMCIA and ethernet if separate--drivers from Packard Bell's web site. Then reinstall the Netgear wireless driver.

znord737

Netgear WG511T Wireless PC Card Adapter
Thank you Terry Net for your input
1.The Packard Bell website permits only access to PC drivers and software download for PC's that were manufactured less than 5 years ago. Have contacted the Packard Bell Support and they wanted £80 to reload the special to type PB drivers. Would not sell me the disk and requested I send the PC back to them.
I have since found a Retailer who has a whole host of PB Driver Disks ,mostly for those PB PC's that are no longer supported by PB. It will be next Wednesday before I receive the disk so as to try it out. I believe that I should be able to download the Chipset Drivers from the Web and will look later today to locate a download.
2.The PC is working ok apart from being unable to use the Wireless Adapter PCMIA. When the ordered Packard Bell Driver Disk arrives from the Retailer I will let you know how I get on

Once again many thanks for your assistance and suggestions

znord737

TerryNet

Terry
Good luck with it. I cannot think of what the problem could be other than those drivers or the card decided to become defective.

I understand how difficult it can be to find another laptop with a PCMCIA slot. At one time I was using two of those wireless adapters, had two loaned to colleagues and one spare. Now I have exactly one slot (in a 8+ year old laptop) where I can use a card.

znord737

Gentlemen,
Thank you all who offered advice.

I managed to get a complete CD with all the Packard Bell Original Drivers . These have been since loaded on to the PC. I am pleased to advise that this has now restored the PC and the PCMIA Card to full working order .

Thanks once again to all who helped.

This problem is now fixed

Znord737

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online