(Solved) Netscape 6.2 cache

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kevgp

Just a question: where is the cache folder for Netscape 6.2?

I tried to look for it but cannot find it, unless it's using the same folder as Netscape 4.7, which is also still on my computer. I tried looking at Edit/Preferences/Advanced/Cache for the location because you can do that in Netscape 4.7. Not the same w/6.2. There is no location line. They actually removed a GOOD thing (go figure). Any ideas on how else I can track it down? Thanks!

I'm on XP right now so can't be sure if it's the same on other OS's but looks like it's stored at: \Documents and Settings\{user}\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\{profile}\

I just checked on my Windows 98SE machine and it's stored at:
\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Profiles\{profile}\
and then it's in a folder named zbjugywo.slt which is similar if not the same to what the folder name was on my other machine. Within that folder you'll see a cache and newcache folder as well as a few other folders and files (prefs, etc). Looks like all of the files are stored in the newcache folder.

kevgp

Hey Angel!

Your second post was just what I needed. I am running Win98SE, and I found the folder just where you said. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online