1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Network Connection Icon

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JCornell, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCornell

JCornell Thread Starter

I just reinstalled Windows XP (home) from scratch and have also installed SP2 on it.

Previously when I connected to the internet an icon appeared in my tool bar showing two computers and indicating computer activity by lighting up.

I have reinstalled my DSL and dial-up connections but am unable to find or reinstall my previous computer activity icon. I would like to have that icon in my tool bar as it has beem very useful in the past. Right now I can't tell if I'm connected to the internet or not!

Any suggestions?

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

go to control panel, select network connections right click on your local area connection then choose properties then place a check in the box where it states "Show icon in notification area when connected"

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536978

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice