1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: network connection issue!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kuchnahi1, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kuchnahi1

kuchnahi1 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

i have installed two operating system in my pc one is window 2000 advanced server other is window xp professional. my pc is connected directly to internet . i have configured my network connection for my laptop through my pc with crossover cable.

the problem is when i run window 2000 server system in my pc my network connection work fine on my laptop .
    but when i run window xp professional my network connection doesn't work. i can ping though.

i don't understand where the actual problem is,

i have selected ICS !

is there anyone who can give me a salution of this problem.

Thanks

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. Here is your thread. I closed the duplicate post.

3. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Have you rebooted the laptop after you went to the other OS on the PC side? Dual bootuing and using ICS is something I would never want to take on. Have you checked the iPCONFIG's on both PC and laptop with both different OS's loaded to see the differences?

4. kuchnahi1

kuchnahi1 Thread Starter

Hi,
    yeh i rebooted my laptop .what i am concerning is it might be problem with window xp
    it possible i didn't install it properly am i right?

5. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Its not like theres a ton of ways to mess up the install of XP. I guess it oculd be done but if its up and running then you should be set. You have internet connectivity on the PC in XP? If so then theres not much short of ICS or drivers for the second card in the desktop that may be having problems.

6. StumpedTechy

StumpedTechy

Also for the sake of grins I owuld shut down the XP firewall I don't know how thatp lays in with ICS but until you have it working right no need to have it causing problems.

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you haven't yet done the (4) ipconfig /all that StumpedTechy asked about, this would be a good time to do them. If there are differences that you don't understand, post them here with appropriate labels.

8. kuchnahi1

kuchnahi1 Thread Starter

hi,

thanks to all of you for reply.

i have solved my network problem.:)

9. ~Candy~

If you would be so kind as to tell us what the problem was, perhaps it will help others in the future doing searches ;)

You can also mark the thread solved using the THREAD TOOLS drop down menu :)

10. kuchnahi1

kuchnahi1 Thread Starter

actually i have two adapters in the laptop.

i Connected the cross-over cable to the broadcom network card and then enable it as adhcp client(obtain ip address automatically+obtain dns address automatically):)

11. ~Candy~

Thanks (y)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487153

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice