Solved: network connection verified, but IE will not display pages

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mom2rccandcjc

Hi. I am new here and hope someone can help me. I have a desktop running Windows Vista that I have had for 2 years with very minimal problems. I have internet through b2x, ethernet plugs directly into my computer, no router. I have had this service for about 6 weeks with no problems up to last week. I also have Magic JAck phone service. Last week the internet was out due to a server problem with my ISP. When I still could not connect on Tuesday of this week, I called back and was told that all of their problems had been resloved and I should not be having a problem connecting. They looked from their end and said that they can see my connection and it is working fine. I can go into my Network Connections properties & see the connection and see bytes being exchanged, but when I try to open Internet Explorer it tells me that it cannot display the web page. Also my Magic Jack will not connect...it gives me an error that says that there is no network connection, but as I said I can see that there is. When I try to diagnose the prob in IE, it tells me that windows cannot find a problem. I have restored everything that I can find to restore, reset every setting that I can find to reset, I have unplugged and rebooted more times than I can count, and still cannot connect. I did notice that there was a Windows Auto Update that was done last Wednesday (which is when this problem started), but I uninstalled that update and still no luck.

Does anyone have any idea what could be blocking these applications that they are not recognizing the network connection, or am I going to have to take this thing into a shop and have it looked at? I appreciate any and all suggestions very much...thank you for your time!

mom2rccandcjc

I tried this along with many other things from another thread to no avail, so I finally just reinstalled Windows & I now am able to connect. Still not sure what caused the problem, but it is resolved. Thank you for your help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online