1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Network Hardware not found

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mud1, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mud1

mud1 Thread Starter

Hi all. I just reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows after a nasty run-in with a trojan. Everything seems to be in order except my networking. I plugged in my ethernet connection and nothing happened, when usually it will recognize it. when I tried to open IE to double check and it opened the network connection wizard window. When I selected "join local network" it said that my hardware was not found. My guess is that my drivers are messed up somehow with my networking (the ethernet port is built in though, it's not external.) I have all my system disks, and when I put in the Dell Resource and Drivers CD it just came up with a self-help window that gave me nothing. Thanks in advance for your help!

Erik

2. norton850

norton850

Agree that's not usually what happens with the driver CD. You can go into my computer and right click on the CD and choose open and see what comes up. Or go to dell.com and use the support option. Enter your service tag number and you should be able to download whatever you need by following the prompts.

3. mud1

mud1 Thread Starter

because I have no networking I can't get online...is it possible to get the drivers on another computer and burn them to a CD and use that?

4. norton850

norton850

Yes. A flash drive works well also. What happens when you right click open or explore in My Computer.

5. mud1

mud1 Thread Starter

Hey thank you for your help. I managed to find the drivers on that CD and got it up and running now. I have another problem now but I'll start a new thread on that one. Thanks again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/431332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice