Solved: Network issues - new vista install

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cyberpac9

Just redid my machine w/ vista ultimate. This was on here before, just redoing machine. So, I could connect to Internet w/ this machine and wirelessly w/ laptops after installation. Today started doing windows updates. Didn't pay much attention because tower was able to connect during these updates. Just turned on laptop and the wireless network is not listed - cannot connect to web. Looked at tower and I can get on the web but it doesn't show my network device.

I'm at a loss as to what to do. I've tried diagnosing but it found no issues. Tried updating nic drivers but it said I had the most recent. Do you think I need to install some linksys software for my wireless router? What changed? What should I look at, I'm stumped.

Posted via Mobile Device

cyberpac9

On tower I tried "diagnosing network adapter" and it said it could not connect w/ DNS server (74.128.17.114) contact ISP.
Posted via Mobile Device

cyberpac9

don't know what to say...laptops are now connecting...tower always connected...strange...oh well, more interwebs to visit :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts