1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: network printer cutting off right edge

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by limo, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. limo

limo Thread Starter

I have a Dell 1710n printer in a school environment. We have Windows XP. When we try to print reports from a web based program this printer cuts off the right side about an 1/8". If I print to a Dell 5200n printer it doesn't cut it off. I have tried printing these reports to this printer from 2 other pc's and it does the same thing so I know it isn't the computer. I have looked on Dells Support site for a firmware update of some kind and there isn't one for this. I am really at a loss as to what I should do. They said they used this printer last year to print these reports with no problem. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. The program actually puts the report in a pdf format if that helps.

2. Gr3iz

Gr3iz Mark

Is there an option in your pdf program to "shrink to fit" on the printing page?

3. limo

limo Thread Starter

Yes, there is and I have tried that and it still doesn't work. I think it has to have something to do with the printer since I can send the same document to two differend printers and one works and one doesn't you know? Weird.

4. Gr3iz

Gr3iz Mark

You've got the correct drivers for that specific printer installed?

5. limo

limo Thread Starter

Thanks GR3iz. A reminder is always helpful...drivers...drivers...drivers

I went to the dell site and downloaded the driver and it worked! Don't know what the difference was and I don't care at the point. Thanks again!

6. Gr3iz

Gr3iz Mark

Glad to have helped!

By the way -- Welcome to TSG!!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/829168