1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: network problem not accessing another computer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by johnthefinch11, Mar 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnthefinch11

johnthefinch11 Thread Starter

I'm having a problem networking two computers togather i'm using a crossover cable. I have done this alot, but ran into a problem. Usually I can just give it common workgroup and static ips and make one of the computers the defualt gateway. It seems that its working pop's up with a username and password logon. but it's not working just keeps popping up with the same popup screen. So I made a common admin on both computers, and same password. It's a unneeded step but i'm just troubleshooting. If anyone has any ideas and could help I would be thankful

2. johnthefinch11

johnthefinch11 Thread Starter

fix the problem, if your having the same problem message me and i'll help but it's a very long process so i'm not going to type it in here

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/810582

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice