1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Network Scanner issue / ?dns issue

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kitaro1, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kitaro1

kitaro1 Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a Bizhub 362 copier with built in network scanner and it has been working fine up until one day last week. It gives me an error message stating that it cannot find the destination address using IP or Host Name, although I can navigate to that directory from my workstations.

Also, two of my workstations cannot connect to the server using the host name but can connect just fine using the IP address of the server.

Server: Windows Server 2008 R2
    Workstations: Windows 7 Professional

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. valis

valis Moderator

just for kicks, on one of the pc's that cannot hit by name but can by dns try flushing the dns cache and then trying the name resolution.

3. kitaro1

kitaro1 Thread Starter

I flushed the dns on the workstations that could not connect via host name and it worked, they are now connecting to the shared folders on the network via host name and ip. Although, sql will still not connect via host name and the scanner will still not connect to server.

4. valis

valis Moderator

uninstall the scanner from the server entirely, and start over with that one.

SQL is greek to me; I'd try bouncing that sql server and see where that gets ya.

5. kitaro1

kitaro1 Thread Starter

Thought of that. Unfortunately the scanner is a network scanner which scans and saves a pdf in a shared folder on the server using SMB, thus the scanner is not "installed" on the server as far as software and the like. Any ideas?

The scanner was working fine up until last week. The shared folders and locations of the shared folders have not changed and thus the confusion. I am able to access the shared folders from the workstations.

6. valis

valis Moderator

can you ping the server from teh scanner?

7. kitaro1

kitaro1 Thread Starter

I found a solution that seems to be working. I created a new user on the server and used those credentials to on the scanner, it works. I am still unclear as to why the Administrator account was not working with full read/write permissions to all shared folders.

Thank you for your help, I appreciate you helping me so quickly.

8. valis

valis Moderator

no worries, glad it's sorted. :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099881

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice