1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Networking problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Homay510, Oct 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Homay510

Homay510 Thread Starter

Hello All, can someone please help me configure my network so that my print server is connected to my network, so that I can print and plot from either of my comp's.

I have a network of 3 computers all are running XP, they are connected to a speedtream DSL modem which is connected to a netgear WGR614 v4 wired and wireless router. The router is conected to all my computers and an Airlink APSUSB2 print server, the print server is connected to a Brother MFC printer fax and a HP Design jet 430 plotter.

My Computers are able to connect to the internet but not the print server. I've tried to give it an IP address but I guess i'm doing it wrong so I decided to reach out for help.

Pleeeease heeeelp.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

3. Wanderer2

Wanderer2

it would be the print server that gets an ip address. Then you have to configure the printer ports. Then you configure tcp/ip port printing on the pcs.

At least this is how you configure regular print servers. Haven't worked with the airpro so I don't know.

Does seem like you are missing a bunch of steps in your print server config. This is usually covered in the print server manual

4. justin71xx

justin71xx

hi any admin. i have a question say a user explains that he is having difficulty logging into the network. he says that he has entered the proper user name and password but he recieves an error stating that he has entered incorrect credentials. please list 3 possible resolutions.

5. justin71xx

justin71xx

a mobile computer user says that they have successfully logged into the network but cannot connect to the internet or print to their network printer. what is the first step in troubleshooting this issue?

6. ~Candy~

justin, you need to start your own thread. Offhand, these sound like some kind of test questions.

7. justin71xx

justin71xx

ok i will start my own forum. will yo help me this is a homework assignment.

8. ~Candy~

I think you should do your own homework ;)

9. justin71xx

justin71xx

i know but im just looking for some help. thought you might help. im sorry for asking. i knwo most of the stuff some of it i dont like the networking questions. can you help me.

10. justin71xx

justin71xx

did you close that thread cuz i put my email address in there

11. ~Candy~

I closed it because you are spamming the boards. You also emailed me. Your life around here is getting very limited. We aren't here to do your homework. Try GOOGLE. If someone here wants to help, they are welcome to do so. But, DO NOT create multiple threads. Keep it in one thread.

12. justin71xx

justin71xx

i apologize i was just lookin for some help and this popped up on google so i tried it. i was only looking for some help. these are like real live problems. ok so if you wont help me do you have any websites that are good for troubleshooting and stuff like that.

13. Homay510

Homay510 Thread Starter

Thanks for responding,

I know that they are compatible because they use to work, because at one point I had about six computers on my network so I had a Linksys 8 port switch attached to the netgear to cover for the other computers and this worked for 4 to 5 years, I was able to print and plot from all of the computers until recently. I nolonger needed all of the computers I had so I disconnected the Linksys and plugged everything into the netgear which has enough ports to cover for what i kept and now i'm getting a message that the printers aren't being found on the network. I googled http://www.airlinkplus.com/qig/apsusb2.pdf the brand of the print server and got a pdf on how to connect everything, I went through the steps but when I finish section 2 I can nolonger search the web, all i'm able to do is go to my homepage but nothing else. I'm also heving a problem with section 3 which is the ip address 192.168.1.254 of the print server and I get nothing, what am I doing wrong?

Help Please

14. ~Candy~

The fact that this setup used to work, would have been good information to post in your initial post ;) Would have been no need to do the research that I did ;)

15. ~Candy~

Reset the print server. Should be a small hole on the back to put a paper clip into. I'm guessing you must have changed it from the default IP address.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice