1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: New card + Physx Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ecko69x, Nov 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ecko69x

ecko69x Thread Starter

Currently I have a Evga GTX 550 Ti and I been thinking about getting a PNY GTX 560 Skyrim edition. Would I have enough PSU to run the 560 as my dedicated graphics card and the 550 as the Physx card? My PSU is an Antec Earthwatts 650w.

2. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

As much as I don't know a lot about running more than one card at a time I am certain that running both with a 650w PSU will really be pushing it. I also think that having an entire 550 card just for physics is massive over kill and as far as I am aware (need backup on this) the 560 should run the physics engines any way.

Jack-O-Bytes

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    I would tend to agree with jack-o-bytes.

A 560 should do the job well enough and I wouldn't run two cards on a 650w PSU. Also, a dedicated PhysX card would only be of benefit for games specifically coded with PhysX in mind, so you wouldn't see a consistent performance boost anyway in my opinion.

4. ecko69x

ecko69x Thread Starter

5. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

I would say most likely yes as the car requires a maximum of 116w so 2 of them would need 222w of power. Out of a 650w PSU that really isn't that much. What is the rest of the hardware of the computer I can make more of an educated guess then.

6. ecko69x

ecko69x Thread Starter

Ah nvm. I looked into my MB and it doesn't support SLI. Thanks for the responses.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice