1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: New computer help plz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by skychilde, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skychilde

skychilde Thread Starter

I recently purchased a barebone kit with the power supply and motherboard/processor already included and installed. And I have a pretty good amount of knowledge on how to hook stuff up and about the guts of a computer. But after I finished hooking everything up, I go to turn it on and I get this REALLY loud, obnoxious beep from the tower speaker. I have no clue what could be wrong. I've come across this problem once before with a different computer, but that was years ago, and I don't remember how it got fixed. Can somebody give me some ideas as to what it could be? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Oh, and I had no idea where I should put this, so if it's in the wrong place, can a moderator move it for me to the correct location? Thanks!

2. puter hater

puter hater

Beeps

Beep Code: Description of Problem:
    No Beeps Short, No power, Bad CPU/MB, Loose Peripherals
    One Beep Everything is normal and Computer POSTed fine
    Two Beeps POST/CMOS Error
    One Long Beep, One Short Beep Motherboard Problem
    One Long Beep, Two Short Beeps Video Problem
    One Long Beep, Three Short Beeps Video Problem
    Three Long Beeps Keyboard Error
    Repeated Long Beeps Memory Error
    Continuous Hi-Lo Beeps CPU Overheating

I am not the fixit person here but I thought you might like to read this.....

3. skychilde

skychilde Thread Starter

Thank you, that's a world of help!

4. puter hater

puter hater

Your welcome....good luck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543923

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice