1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: New computer - Internet only works properly in safe mode

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JackGuack, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JackGuack

JackGuack Thread Starter

Hey there, new to the forums. Just finished building my new computer yesterday - i installed windows 7 and all the motherboard drivers etc - everything went smoothly. I then plugged in my ethernet cable but saw that in normal mode my computer had very slow internet. I went into safe mode with networking and tried the internet there and it was its normal speed. Obviously something is booting up in normal mode that is stopping/limiting the connection. I uninstalled norton (came with the motherboard drivers) using the uninstall norton tool, i also uninstalled any other virus protection and disabled my computers firewall but to no avail - it's still real slow. Please someone help! Thanks.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  3. JackGuack

JackGuack Thread Starter

Thanks so much, turns out it was "cFosSpeed System Service" that was causing the issue, i disabled it and have been getting super fast connection.. fixed in less than 10 minutes!

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    excellent thanks for letting us know - will be useful to others searching to see that the clean boot works as a means to identify an issue

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice