Solved: New disk image pulled on boot?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AGayer

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a good way to store a disk image of a hard drive either within that drive or on a server and have it overwrite the booting drive on every boot? I work at schools with computer labs and sometimes the kids mess up the computers and we have to run a Ghost Multicast session to wipe the drive. But everyone has been asking me for a way to wipe the computers clean on each boot? File loss is not an issue, as kids save their work to thumbdrives and network shared folders. Any ideas?

Well, theres a program called Cyberspace 4.0 XP. Its used in Cyber Cafes to give access to whichever computer the user pays to access. After every log off, all the files downloaded / made are erased and settings are set back to default to whatever you make them be in the host pc.
This probably could work, just give everyone a username so that you can log them in and end their session when they leave.

AGayer

Sounds interesting... Might be worth looking into. Do they have a website? I tried looking them up but came up short...

Yea, I would have to add an english pack to the program considering it´s in spanish =/. I just realized no language packs are availble for it.
I´ll see what i can find for you.

AGayer

Found what I was looking for! As it turns out, Microsoft has a small app called the Shared Computer Toolkit. This does a better job than I ever imagined it could do. Everything the kids do on the computer is negated as soon as it turns off! It's like they never touched it. Hard to believe MS did something right!! :)

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Yes a very good utility. But if you were still thinking of automating images you could setup a TFTP server and make sure the PXE boot is set on all the computers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts