1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: New DNS server, PHP no longer mailing in-house.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mtlhd, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mtlhd

mtlhd Thread Starter

My website has a cart function that emails customers out of house and the sales staff in house when an order is placed.
    A little while ago our DNS server decided to committ suicide and a new one has been installed.
    I am brand new to server administration. They fail to teach that subject in web programming and graphic school.
    So, needless to say, this has been utterly frustrating to the 'nth' degree.

So...here is the issue.
    Amongst many other headaches fixed, this one I can not figure out. My site no longer mails to the sales staff that are here on the private network. I have watched the mail logs on Mdeamon and the mails don't even seem to be getting past the Domain Controller. The website will mail outside accounts just fine, but the website (php mail( ) ) will not mail inside the network.
    I have searched and searched but cannot find what to change to allow the website to mail my sales staff.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds. My fellow computer geekers, I need your help.

2. mtlhd

mtlhd Thread Starter

awe man, no one has any ideas?

3. mtlhd

mtlhd Thread Starter

::bump::

4. mtlhd

mtlhd Thread Starter

Finally after many months, this problem has been solved. Why do we work in this field? Because we are gluttons for punishment.

The problem all along was on the DNS server. After the crash, the MX record was never remade.

After inserting the MX record into the DNS, it worked perfectly.

I was happy and angry at the same time.

At least its over.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sorry we couldn't help with this one.

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

[​IMG]

6. mtlhd

mtlhd Thread Starter

whoops! Sorry about that, thanks!:cool:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646290

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice