Solved: New hardware found - no hardware attached

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skime5

All:

When I reboot my laptop, I get a message that new hardware has been found, however, I do not have anything attached to the laptop. How can I get rid of those anoying messages?

Thanks!!!

Is there a description of the "new hardware"?

And if you look through the Device Manager, including "system devices" do you see anything new there, or marked with a red X or yellow exclamation point?

Also, when did this begin and did you install anything at all just prior?

skime5

I went to device manager and sure enough I have several !!! marks on devices not conected to my laptop. How do I fix this issue?

skime5

GPCIEnu0
PCANDIS5 Protocol Driver
SDDMI2
Window Users Mode Driver Framwork

The only one that I know of that was connected to my laptop was PCANDIS5

Is this spelled correctly?

GPCIEnu0

In any case I would try removing/uninstalling all and rebooting.

If you get any new hardware found messages on reboot, copy exactly what it says it is finding.

This may have some association with Dell laptops, and some googling shows this to be a common problem fixed by removing:

SDDMI2

PCANDIS5 Protocol Driver >> wireless Netgear adapter? If it is no longer installed it should not be detected. But remove it and see what happens.

Windows User Mode Driver Framework >>

not new hardware, but probably a damaged entry relating to sound or video drivers associated with Windows Media Player.

http://castlecops.com/o23list-644.html

skime5

Thanks. I uninstalled them and rebooted. seams to have fix the problem.

Great, you're welcome.

I'll mark the thread "solved" then, but for future reference this option is available to you in the Thread Tools menu on this page when appropriate.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online