1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: New hotmail attachment options

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by zaddeo, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zaddeo

zaddeo Thread Starter

Before I could simply add an attachment. Now am getting a menu line of docs, photos. emote, etc
    When I attach a file or photo it asks if I want it online? I say no
    When received, the option is View Online, Download, Download as zip.
    If you use View Online, the recipient must have Hotmail to view. OK that option not good
    If you use Download, You must have MS Word 2010 ?
    If you use Download as zip, recipient must have winzip or others.

Q: How can I get back to the one that worked.
    An option is move away from Hotmail - becoming too intrusive and complicated for the 80 year old brain.
    Thank guys.

2. hewee

hewee

inbox is not to bad.

http://www.inbox.com/products/email-features.aspx

They push the other software in ads that are added to the email but just stay away from it.
    Site does have some cool things.

Like the way you can upload to the photo album, music or storage and then just add them to email. Just save things from email to album, music or storage or any folder you make.
    Plus a lot more.
    Plus you have more screen to see what your reading and writing so good if you have a harder time seeing because you not in some little box.

Plus if you need support they well reply to you. Getting a reply from any support now days is like a dream but they reply so that is good.

It keeps in the "Use Address Auto Complete" your last address or all the address you email to and you can not turn it off. You can keep from seeing it but not edit it out.

Took a day and a half to get a reply so not bad.

3. zaddeo

zaddeo Thread Starter

Many thanks for the reply and the update info.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/986982

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice