1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: New Laptop Help?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NeVeRReSt, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NeVeRReSt

NeVeRReSt Thread Starter

Hello guys,

I was wondering if you had any suggestions on what laptop I should buy.

I'm looking to spend between £1,000 - £1,500.

Currently I’ve been looking at the MX15-17 from Dell and the various systems provided by cyberpower; although they are nice systems I haven't really been persuaded by either. I feel that dells are over priced for what you get and i would like to think that theres something more special than what cyberpower provide.

All suggestions welcomed and appreciated as I dont want to waste my money.

Regards ;)

Chris.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    If you are looking for a laptop that would be for gaming the Alienware MX15 or 17 series are your candidates. You can order them with different options as far as Graphics.

3. Smety

Smety

If you're looking for a gaming laptop you're certainly limited to manufacturers you can buy from. I personally would got with Asus. Reputable brand, and well known for quality in the industry. With that said, if you take my advice... get this badboy: http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=WzU7IKA6SWdBvaRd

4. NeVeRReSt

NeVeRReSt Thread Starter

I was looking at that particular asus.

Do you recon that processor is any good, im not too sure about CPU's for laptops as this is the first one i've bought normally stick to desktops but working away from home I now require one...

5. Smety

Smety

The processor is very nice. I do believe it's one of the fastest i7 processors you can get in a laptop right now. I imagine to get a better one you'll end up spending at least £200 more. If I was going to get a gaming laptop, that's the one I would choose :p

6. NeVeRReSt

NeVeRReSt Thread Starter

Thanks for advice.

I think I will buy this laptop next month trusting nothing else comes out to top the spec and price of the asus.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971021

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice