1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: New Mobo, New Vid card. Doesn't work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by guyaton, May 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. guyaton

guyaton Thread Starter

I have recently been doing some small upgrades to my PC and just today I started hooking the Mobo and the Video card together. I just bought the video card at the store today, as the last part that I had ordered in the mail arrived yesterday. These are the specs of my comptuer:

Asus P4S800D-X (AGP 8x/4x) <a href="http://usa.asus.com/products3.aspx?l1=3&l2=12&l3=45&slname=SiS%20655FX">Link</a>
    Pentium 4 2.53 GHz 533 FSB

Kingston HyperX 2GB DDR PC3200

new Video Card (doesn't work)
    VisionTek ATI Radeon x1300 AGP 8x/4x
    (new video card link including the place i bought it)
    http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Visi...44064/catOid/-13011/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Old Video card (works)
    Xtasy Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti4600

When I plug in the new video card, I get nothing on the screen and not even a beep from the mother board, however when I plug in the old video card, it works perfectly. Are there any known issues with these or is the video card a dud and I should return it to the store for a new one??

Thanks for all your help in advance!

~guyaton

EDIT: Note Support for the Video card is only available monday through friday.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Apprently the MB supports only 1.5 v on the AGP slot and if the card is AGP 3.0 it only requires .8v
    It appears you can only use 4X cards on the MB or 8X cards that are not AGP 3.0

3. guyaton

guyaton Thread Starter

The video card states that it supports 4x 1.5v as well as 8x .8v and the Motherboard says that it supports 8x/4x 1.5v. I am kinda confused as I never delt with varying voltages before with Mobo/video card.

thanks again

~guyaton

4. colmaca

colmaca

did you plug in the extra power it requires to run ,there a extra power connection that has to be pluged in

5. guyaton

guyaton Thread Starter

nope. actually i never even saw that until just now :) thnx!!!! (gonna go try it right now!)

6. colmaca

colmaca

you should be able to click threed tools solved after that up top.

also you should uninstall Nvidia drivers before you turn off then install ati drivers when done also get the latest ati drivers from ati site

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/465286

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice