1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: New Motherboard-No post-No bios screen- BIG BEEP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Toti, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

HI guys .
    Before hand thanks for help and point me into to right direction and apologize of English not my first language.
    Ok here is my situation now:
    I installed New motherboard with new processor and new power source, new memory ram, but with the same video card and same sound card.
    Power Source:
    Enermax server EPS=12V, 660w
    Model Mobo:
    Gigabyte GA-EP43-UDS3L
    Processor:
    Intel CORE2 DUO 2.93 GHz socket LGA 775 E7500 cache 3MB <----updated type name missed before,sorry.
    Memory Ram:
    Corsair 4 GB DDR2 twin2X4096-6400C5 G
    Sound Card:
    Diamond Xtreme sound 5.1
    Video Card:
    Nvidia 8800 GT
    The H.D.
    Checked to have connection to power -(No New) has Windows XP x64 bit installed. 200gb.
    Checked to power connection - Floppy drive the same as well no new "oldie"

But we got black screen in the monitor and a " Big Long constant Beep !! " , the computer turns on, the fans are on .
    we unplugged immediately and turn off the power source.

This is my check list of Install .

We have the same HD and is the no slave.
    I check that the ATX_12v is connected properly to the board and power source.
    I check that the ATX 24 is connected and seated properly.
    I check all connections of H.D., Floppy and DVD Rom are seated and connected properly.
    I check memory ram seated properly.
    I check video card seated properly.
    I check SATA2 1 seated and connected properly.
    IDE seated and connected properly.
    Floppy FDD connected properly and plug to power.
    H.D. connected to board and connected to power with no linking.
    Processor fan power connected to board.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things that I'm not sure I got in the right place.
    But seems by the book of Motherboard that are in correctly place.
    F_Panel Header connectors are in the correspondent plugs, those lil' black thingis are a pain to put in .
    and the F_USB1F and USB2 Headers connectors, I plug all 8 lil' black pins connectors into USB1 following the book.
    but still I dono if they supposed to go like that, or if I plug something Wrong :( pls. help :( !!

We got Sooo scared with the Big long beep !!!

Toti.

================================

UPDATE :
    I been checking in the forums for the Beep codes to see if I can understand why is doing that Long beep, but i haven't find the beep code :( for my situation, when I turn on the computer I got no screen in my LCD and I get a Loud long constant Beep.
    It's not a intermittent long beep or 2 or one long... No it's a constant loud beep.

Toti

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

3. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

OK hi win2kpro
    First of all thanks you for reply and help.

This is what I did already:
    I double checked the connection of the video card and I plug in the power for Video card and the Long beep is no more when I turn on computer.
    I plug in the speaker lil'. connector for the boot sounds, the one that looks with a lil'. black drum on top, connected beside the Front Panel Header.

But still when I turn on computer I don't get the BIOS screen and any Boot beep and screen LCD is black blinking blue power led on it .

I'm checking the link of user manual right now .

BRB .

Toit

4. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

OK well is the same manual that I have right here with me and I just perform that and turn on computer and :( I don't get any Beep of post or any screen to be able to get into BIOS ??

What I am missing? pls. forgive my ignorance at respect this is my first build.

Toti.

5. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

One more thing.

When we bought the motherboard the processor and the memory in the store "memory express" they Installed into the motherboard and they said they updated our BIOS, but they didn't give us back the Installation disc :( form the box.

Question: do I need to put the Installation disc at the Time of turning on the computer ? or do a Floppy boot disc to Install it?

Toti

6. win2kpro

win2kpro

You need to be more specific regarding the processor you are using. If you are using an Intel Pentium Dual Core E6600 sSpec #SLGUG it was not supported by that board until BIOS revision F9e which was a Beta Bios released on 09/03/2009.

Did you see the board POST after the BIOS update? I NEVER flash a BIOS with a Beta Version.

Since you purchased the motherboard, processor and memory from a store and they stated they updated the BIOS I would take it back to the seller to try to straighten things out.

This type problem cannot be sucessfully diagnosed on a forum. You need to physically have the board and components on a workbench to see exactly what is happening. The 1st thing they should do is install a processor that was supported by the original BIOS to see if the problem is in the BIOS update, graphics card or motherboard.

Since the Gigabyte site does not indicate a BIOS revision was released after the Beta Bios release, my 1st guess is that there is a problem with the Beta BIOS, but that is only a guess.

7. Lance1

Lance1

Hi Toti!
    Go to this site
    BIOS Beep Codes
    It has one long two short for your BIOS. Is that what you hear?

8. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

I just did all the "trouble shooting possibilities" in that diagram on page 99 and 100 and none solved my problem.

Still I don't have beep or post image to get into BIOS but I have a light on the DVD room open ok , and the fans run all ok as the processor fan runs ok.

I already went to Gigabyte page and download all the possible software that my motherboard could need , or would possibly be in the Install disc.

I downloaded this apps. from Gigabyte official page:
    Mobo model GA-EP43_UD3L v1.2

mb_driver_chipset_intel
    mb_driver_lan_realtek_rtltool
    motherboard_driver_lan_realtek_8111
    motherboard_driver_audio_realtek_azalia
    motherboard_utility_des_advanced
    motherboard_utility_gbtools_gbt_atbios
    motherboard_utility_gbtools_gbt_et6
    motherboard_bios_ga-ep43-ud3l_f8

I burn a disc in the lappy of the BF, o my roommate in Nero7 so.... do you guys think is that my problem? or do I need to recheck those connections of the Front Panel?
    I dono what to do next.. :(

Thanks for any help.

T.

9. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

HI Lance1 !!
    very nice to read you !!
    thsank to follow me here.
    I was searching the Beeps and found the source of that loong sustained beep, I was missing to plug a power connector into the Video card....so I plug the power into it and that eliminate the long Beep.
    But now I have another trouble.
    I turn on the computer everything turns On , fans all fans, even processor the DVD rom open and close ok but No Beep ,No screen BIOs of post ( nothing) , the LCD samsung screen is black with the blue led of power blinking.
    I plug as well that lil drum into the speakers connector in the motherboard, so they said that it will help to hear the post Beeps and diagnostic a computer.... but still nothing I hear.

-----------------------------------------

Hi win2kpro ok i have here the exactly name of the processor we bought:
    IntelCore2DUO e7500 LGA775 2.93 GHZ cache 3MB

And I read in the gigabyte that YES it supposed to be "supported" by this Mobo.
    and pls. I'm sorry I didn't was more specific regarding the processor I install :( .

NOTE:
    Is my first build , I feel like a real dumb girl now :( but im trying my best , thansk you guys to help me.

what can do next.
    T.

10. Lance1

Lance1

So you hear nothing at all, no beeps when the computer comes on, just a black screen? Pull the video card, Get an eraser and clean the contacts on the card &#8220;thoroughly&#8221; Remove all the eraser bits with a linen cloth. Do not touch the contacts. Reinsert the card and seat it tight. Make sure all peripherals are seated tight as well, meaning memory, sound card and the like. Make sure the video cable in set tight as well. Boot up the system.

11. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Okidoki .
    yes nothing don't hear nothing.

I'm on it.

do you think I would boot the computer with no video , just video onboard? dot his mobo have one? ops...

One more thing... I tried pressing the little reset button to see if it turns off and then on, as with the other mobo but no... it didn't, I have to press the Main power button to be able to turn it off.
    reset button don't work !

Should it try pullout the sound card as well ? like don't install it ?

T

12. Lance1

Lance1

Check the diagram:
    for the reset switch I think you have the - {negative} on the + {Positive} Pull it out and reverse it. Yes you could use the on-board video. You don`t need to pull the sound card.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• 1.gif
      1.gif
      File size:
      35.3 KB
      Views:
  13. Toti

Toti Thread Starter

Ok !!

AHH ok , so.... maybe is a cabling thing right, ok... I think I'm gonna have a looong nite ahead of me, do you think I place in the wrong places the USB1 F as well .
    could that be the reason of not having post ?
    Because not been able to reset the computer, pressing the button as you say, it's because I have it connected inverted..right? the red cable in the + sign .

Just been sure, to have some more things to try and going eliminating factors, before I get hands inside again and getting some coffee and my fav.cookies to get ready to operate :) .

Question:
    Does the black pins have the same name description as in the mobo? for as to be able to place them in the right position ?

T.

14. Lance1

Lance1

Sorry! forget the on-board video. You don`t have one.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Lance1

Lance1

Yes that being the case reverse it. No, USB would not inhibit post.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917730

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice